Wednesday, September 23, 2009

sweet and spicy thai chicken

I have been using lemongrass and turmeric more and more in my cooking....all I have to say is Thai food is something else and making it in the comfort of your own home is even better. It makes for an extremely comforting and satisfying meal. Give it a try!

This marinade is amazing. I must say that even though I did it on chicken I think it would be literally amazing if it was used as a marinade for tofu. It was so delicious I think I want to make a veggie noodle with this marinade used for tofu. Its on the list for next week! This does have a lot of ingredients in it, but they are readily available and you most likely have several of them in your pantry right now! So use up what you have and put them into this awesome marinade!!!



Put 2 chicken breasts or one slab of extra-firm tofu in a ziploc bag or a reusable container. Then put it 2 garlic cloves minced, 3 tbs of finely minced lemongrass, 3 1/2 tbs of coconut milk, 1/2 tsp of white pepper, 1/2 tsp of black pepper, 1 tsp of salt, 1/4 tsp turmeric, 3/4 tsp red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1 tbs fish sauce, 3 tbs brown sugar.


Then mix it up with your hands so it gets thoroughly mixed and coated well like in the picture above. See its not even cooked yet and it looks good doesn't it???? I would let it marinade in the fridge overnight. I baked this chicken, but it would be even more tasty if it was grilled. I know its getting a little cool in most areas of new england now, but fire up the grill and try it!


Then cook it in an oven at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. I cooked it along with some israeli couscous and some zucchini and yellow squash it was one heck of a meal!


Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails