Monday, September 28, 2009

Most delicious turkey meatloaf !

Outside of my mom's turkey meatloaf this one is pretty amazing. My mom's is pretty stellar and every time I have tried to make it's not the same. Let's face it's mom's meatloaf it's the best nothing beats it. I got this recipe from an old issue of a real simple magazine that was laying around at work. I think it was from back in 2002 and sitting in a dusty bin full of magazines. It is everything meatloaf should be...healthy, filling, not dry and appealing to the eye.
You will need 1.3 - 1.5 pounds of ground turkey, 2 tbs of Dijon mustard, 1/4 cup of ketchup, 1 large egg white, 1/4 cup of chopped parsley, 2 cups of chopped spinach, 1 chopped onion, 1/2 cup of dried bread crumbs.

Put all your ingredients into one bowl. Mix them thoroughly with your hands. I know I know, but just do it. It is an easy way and quick way to mix it all up completely.




Then put it into a loaf pan until it is even on top. Then put it into a 400 degree oven for 45-50 minutes. It will come out all bubbly and delicious. I served it up with some red potato mashed potatoes with the skins left on for more nutrition with some added buttermilk that gives it a bite that was to die for and some baked brussel spouts. This was such a filling meal and it was perfect for a 40ish degree day when all you want to do is crawl into your comfy clothes and watch movies with your other half.

Give it a shot!

Enjoy !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails