Sunday, September 27, 2009

fruit finds

I just wanted to showcase one of the local farmers I found has amazing fruit this time of the year. It is Avalon Acres Orchard and Farm Store they are part of the Maine Highlands Farmers Association. They are located in St. Albans, but come to the Brewer Farmer's Market weekly.

They recently had these amazing pears. I had to buy some and put some pictures up as they are just the not typical pear you find in your local grocery store. The other great part about it is that the price was 4 pears or apples for $1.00. This time of year I urge you to take advantage of your local growers. The price of most fall vegetables and fruit frequently becomes lower as the fall season goes on.



How can you not want to get some of these?



I must say Im pretty proud of my fruit bowl this week....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails