Friday, September 18, 2009

Shredded Chicken Chilli

There is nothing better than a good chilli recipe. It is a great fall meal and I have even made this in the summer and its fantastic. This chilli is great bottom line. It's something I have made for a long time and I'm not actually sure where I got the recipe.

You should start by getting your spices together. Put 6 tsp of chilli powder, 5 tsp of paprika, 4 1/2 tsp of cumin, 3 tsp of onion powder, 2 1/2 tsp garlic powder. I know this may seem like a lot of spice, but trust me it is totally worth it.


Then you should add one 8oz can of tomato sauce, 2 cans of diced tomatoes with green chillies, and one can of black beans rinsed into the crock pot. Then add to that one onion chopped and 2 chicken breasts.


Set on low for 8-10 hours in your crock pot. When its ready take two forks and shred the chicken up. Then serve in a bowl with a little shredded cheese and sour cream on top. Its a meal all in one.
Enjoy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails