Monday, January 4, 2010

Simple Chicken and Dumplings

Adapted from: FRAMED

I have always been terrified of making dumplings. It has always been something I have wanted to test, but something has always held me back. I imagined it being a complete mess and me destroying my stove top everytime I thought about attacking a recipe. Boy was I wrong !!!

Boil three cups of chicken stock with 5-6 chopped carrots. You can totally wash and not peel those carrots too and it will add a little extra fiber to your dish!!


Once cooked remove chicken and carrots and set aside.


Then add 1/2 cup of cream and let it come to a boil again. then whisk in some salt and pepper. Oh and don't forget 1 tbs of poultry seasoning is defiantly key to this savory dinner.


Then in a separate bowl mix up 2 cups of Bisquick and 2/3 cup of milk.


Then add the chicken and carrots back to the stock. Add in 1 cup of frozen peas and 1 cup of frozen corn. Then drop golfball sized dumplings into the stock. Cover and let the magic happen !!


Don't peak at it in about 5-7 minutes take off the lid and flip them over gently with a spoon.


Then take it off the heat and serve up !!! You will get about 4-5 servings about of this recipe and it will be worth every bite my friends.


You honestly won't regret making this. It is savory and delicious and a perfect meal for mid-winter.

Enjoy !!!

1 comment:

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails