Saturday, January 2, 2010

Chai Tea


I apologize for not having any more pictures to show you on how to make this, but I assure you it's amazing. I would let it simmer as long as possible. I think I had it on the stove top for close to three hours on very low just simmering. It is even better the next day cold from the fridge.

Your ingredients
5 tsp of Darjeeling tea
4 cups of water
1 cup of milk
5 green cardamon pods
1 cinnamon stick
5 whole cloves
honey to taste

Get a small saucepan and add all the ingredients besides the cardamon pods and the honey. Find some way to crush the cardamon pods so all their glory can be released. I just received a beautiful mortar and pestle from mi momma for Christmas so that is what I used. You could really use just about anything to crush them up. A couple of whacks from a meat tenderizer, the back of a heavy wooden spoon, or a rolling pin would do just fine.

Crush up the pods and add them to your saucepan with the rest of the ingredients. Simmer it for as long as you like. Then strain the solids some how. I have a funnel that I placed a coffee filter in and strained it that way.

Add some honey or agave nectar to it and enjoy. I had it with some lady fingers for breakfast one day and it was more than worth the effort. Plus think of those health benefits !!! By enjoying just one cup of this warm and delicious Chai Tea you are adding calcium to your diet, improving your digestion and metabolism through the cardamon. Your also adding some potassium, vitamin A, iron, and vitamin C through the cloves, and potentially lowering your LDL cholesterol through the cinnamon. Not to mention the nourishing and warming benefits of the Darjeeling Tea.


So sit back some day and with little effort you too can have a stellar cup of tea some Sunday morning...

Enjoy !!!

2 comments:

  1. I m into Darjeeling tea and have got quite a variety at hand. I will definitely try your recipe with some stronger autumnal Darjeelings. lets see. thanks for sharing your recipe. sounds cool!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails