Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pesto Gnocchi

Recently, I have discovered Gnocchi. I never thought I would like it. I thought it would be gummy and not tasty, but HOLY COW was I wrong. Plus, there are so many different kinds. They have created delicious garlic, spinach, minature versions, basil, and I have even seen rosemary too. I have found this simple and easy Pesto Gnocchi.

Cook up some pesto chicken sausege.


Then get one pack of Gnocchi and chop up some asparagus. Boil up the Gnocchi and remember its so easy and just like ravaoli. It floats to the top when its ready.


Then make your pesto ....

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese
  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts
  • 3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste


Then put the asparagus, gnocchi, and sausege in one pan then add in the pesto and mix through to warm.



Plate it up and serve with a hearty salad and you wont be sorry. It's insanely simple and delicious!!


Enjoy !!!

1 comment:

  1. This is AWESOME. I used spinach gnocchi cause that's all I had on hand but it was really easy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails