Friday, January 15, 2010

brunch for dinner

We have all heard of breakfast for dinner, but what about brunch for dinner? When I think about breakfast for dinner I see pancakes, waffles, hash browns, maybe some sausage, some fruit salad maybe. That is not what this is my friends. This is some eggs florentine casserole, some fruit shortcake, brie, cheddar cheese, and challah bread. It is much much more than just breakfast for dinner.

I found this eggs florentine casserole and knew I had to try it. I knew it was too much for just me and my husband so I made sure to invite a friend over and we had a delicious brunch for dinner.

You start by shredding 3-4 potatoes and set aside.


Then take the potatoes and fry them up in a pan with a little salt, pepper, and butter. Do this until they get nice and crispy trust me you wont regret spending a little extra time on this.


Then place your beautifully browned up pots into the bottom of a baking dish. Then top that with some Canadian bacon. I had some vegetarians that night so I did it half and half.


Then top that with a layer of cheddar jack cheese.


Then grab 18 eggs. Yeah I said it 18 eggs. It's a lot, but it is completely necessary for fluffiness that is about ensue.


Whisk up those eggs then add as much spinach as you like. I actually added a spring mix that had arugula, spinach, and watercress. It was fantastic !!


Then add the egg mixture to the top of the rest of the casserole. Bake it in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes until the eggs set. Then take it out of the oven add a little more cheddar jack cheese on top and put back in the oven for 10 minutes until its gets all golden brown on top.


Set out your brunch for dinner and let your friends enjoy !!



Enjoy friends !!!

Eggs Florentine on Foodista

1 comment:

  1. It looks delicious.I love the cheesy layer on top.I saw your site from the foodieblogroll and if you won't mind, I'd love to guide foodista readers to your site.Just add a foodista widget at the end of this blog post and it's ready to go.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails