Monday, November 30, 2009

party chex mix

Adapted from The Pioneer Woman

Let me first start off by saying that if you are not making this recipe for some kind of gathering stop yourself right there. It makes an insane amount of chex mix. It is delicious, but it also makes too much for even one family to enjoy. I was giving it away to people to take home just so it wouldn't go to waste when I had made it.

You need the following items:
4 cups of wheat chex
4 cups of rice chex
4 cups of corn chex
1 cup of unsalted peanuts or mixed nuts whatever you like

and one bag of gardetto's snack mix (I took the lazy/cheaper way out and instead of buying all those things separately I bought one bag that had it all)

Add all those items to a very large bowl and mix thoroughly.



Then melt your sauce to drizzle on top. This is obviously not the most healthiest snack. But I have a secret addiction to chex mix and I wanted to see how my skills matched up to the professionals. As I have said time and time again eat a cup of it. Don't pound the entire bag it makes then hate yourself. Moderation is key as always.

Your sauce is about 1 1/2 sticks of the healthiest lightest butter you can find, then add in 3 tbs of Worcestershire sauce, then about 10 shakes of hot sauce, then about 1 tsp of seasoned salt, then 4 cloves of garlic minced in a garlic press, and finally 1/2 tsp of onion powder.



Once it is completely melted drizzle it all over your mix that has been spread out over two baking sheets.



Bake the sheets at 250 degrees for what seems like forever or about one hour and 15 minutes, stirring it up every 15. Once it is completed and cooled you wont regret it trust me!



Enjoy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails