Thursday, November 5, 2009

christmas pasta

I created this magic pasta dish when I wasn't sure what to make for dinner one night. It was a hairy night in general and when I knew I didn't have dinner planned being the planner that I am it made it even worse. Then I began to cook and all was changed.

I love when this happens when I don't bound myself to a recipe and just begin cooking with what I have. It makes me feel so self-efficient. So when I looked around and realized I only had 2 cans of fire roasted tomatoes, an onion, garlic, red wine, kale, chicken sausage, and some pasta I knew what I had to do.

So I started with removing the chicken sausage from its casings and breaking it apart with a wooden spoon in my amazing cast iron pan. I cooked that through all the way then move on to the Christmas pasta goodness.


Then I added the two cans of fire roasted tomatoes, 1 onion sliced, and 2 garlic cloves minced. Then I let that simmer for about 15 minutes on its own until it got very fragrant in my kitchen.


Then I decided to add a little red wine. I ended up adding about a 1 cup, but add what makes sense. If you begin to add some and it appears to make your sauce to watery you wont want that so keep an eye on it when your pouring..


Then I cleaned up my kale. Be sure to wash Kale well when you are preparing it. Kale can be quite dirty and you don't want any of that in your Christmas Pasta.


So as some of you have been reading this you may have thought Christmas pasta Kaleena? Really? Well here it is the reason why I named this dish Christmas pasta is for the picture below...Once my kale was cleaned and ready to be added to the dish I chopped it up in to more manageable bits. Then poured it into the sauce. Then all I could think of was Christmas because the sauce was a brilliant red and the dark green kale on top it was Christmas in the pan !!!


Then you should add some parsley and oregano or whatever other herbs you have on hand that you think might taste good. I also added about 1/8 tsp of red pepper flakes.

Serve it up with some pasta and top with some Parmesan cheese and you wont regret. With a glass of red wine this is the most satisfying meal I have magically created in a long time!


Enjoy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails