Saturday, November 28, 2009

dark chocolate, pecan, pumpkin brownies

Adapted from: Good Mood Food Blog

Don't have a panic attack about this recipe. I know it may not look like it is the most healthiest thing, but you don't have to eat the whole pan of brownies people. Moderation is key. I made these brownies for a baby shower I went to and I just recently made them for Thanksgiving. I think I maybe had 2 in the whole 2 pans I had made.

I think I have come to a conclusion that I never really bake and when I do its got to be from scratch from this point on. Granted there may be times in the future where time is of the essence and I have to use some box brownies. When I baked these brownies I knew there was no turning back.

I got this recipe from the Good Mood Food Blog. Being that the man who operates and posts on this blog is from Ireland he uses grams instead of our tbs, tsp, and cups. So I have tried to convert the recipe to somewhat exact directions and it worked out wonderfully. I know I know not having exact measurements in baking can be a scary thing. But if you take your time and measure without being nervous you too will have some brownie goodness to enjoy as well !!

So when you see things like 1.75 tbs of butter don't freak out! Just get it as close as possible to 1 3/4 tbs. It will come out wonderfully trust me.

So you want to begin with creating your pumpkin mixture by combining

1. 1.75 tbs of butter
2. 5.2 tbs of cream cheese
3. 7 tbs of sugar
4. 1 egg
5. 1/2 a can of pumpkin puree
6. 1 tsp of vanilla
7. 1/2 tsp of ground ginger
8. 5.2 tbs of cream cheese



Be sure to use your hand mixture to thoroughly combine the pumpkin mixture. It will allow it to become a smooth and completely integrated mixture.



Then you need to mix up the chocolate mixture

1. 0.87 cup of unsalted butter
2. 0.87 cup of dark chocolate chips
3. 3 eggs
4. 1 cup of sugar
5. 2 tsp of vanilla extract
6. 8.75 tbs of flour
7. pinch of salt
8. 7 tbs of chopped pecans

Same thing with the chocolate mixture. Once you see things like 0.87 cups of unsalted butter don't freak out just try to get it as close you can to a little over 3/4 cup of unsalted butter.

Start by melting your chocolate chips and butter together in the microwave.



Then combine your eggs and sugar. Then add in the melted butter combination to the egg sugar mixture. Be sure to whisk it in quickly and smoothly so that the warm chocolate mixture does not cook the eggs slightly. That sounds like this step would be quite difficult, but I assure you it is not as bad as it sounds.



Then add your pecans and mix through.



Then pour your chocolate mixture into a greased baking pan. All I did was spray it with a good amount of PAM and it came out fine. Then you plop down spoonfuls of your pumpkin mixture on top of that.



Then swirl around your pumpkin mixture with the back of a knife, toothpick or a wooden skewer like I did.



Then bake your brownies at 355 degrees for about 20 minutes. You are going to want to test it with a toothpick to be sure the center is done.



You will make quite of friends if you bring these anywhere.



Enjoy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails