Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Shredded Chicken with Fontina Polenta and Sage Butter Sauce

My husband and I are on a bit of a polenta kick. It is delicious. For a long long time I was scared to make it. Thinking I would totally screw it up if I had tried. To my surprise it could not be easier. It is beyond delicious and incredibly satisfying for a weeknight dinner.

This recipe is so easy so lets get started and you will see how amazingly easy it is.

Your ingredients are ...
4 cups of cold water
1 1/4 cups of cornmeal
1 tsp of salt
2 tbs of butter
3 oz of fontina cheese
2-3 oz of Parmesan
5-6 sage leaves
1 1/2 cups of frozen peas
1-2 cups of shredded boiled chicken

Boil your water with the salt. Then whisk in the cornmeal so you wont create any lumps.


Then add in the fontina, butter, and the Parmesan and mix through.


Then mix your frozen peas into the polenta.


Then create your sage butter to drizzle over the polenta. You do this be melting 2 tbs of butter in the microwave with some crushed up sage leaves in it.

Plate your polenta, add some shredded chicken on top, then drizzle some of your sage butter.


You will love this I assure you! If not, feed it to a friend or a stranger and you will make a new friend for sure!

Enjoy !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails