Tuesday, November 10, 2009

BBQ Shredded Chicken Chilli


I think I am down right obsessed with finding new chili recipes. I like making all kinds of chilli's. They provide a full meal in a bowl and you can't tell me your still full after a hearty bowl of chili. I adapted this recipe from one of my favorite blogs The Crepes of Wrath!! She cooked it on the stove top, but me being my lazy self decided to dump it all in the crockpot and and still how it worked out. It is a delicious dinner at the end of the day!!

Here are your ingredients
2 chicken breasts
1 onion chopped
1 green pepper chopped
1 red pepper chopped
2 tsp of garlic powder
2 tsp of chili powder
1 tsp of cumin
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of pepper
1 12oz beer of your choice. (I on the other hand couldn't find any place that would let me buy one beer so I put a large 24 oz. foster's beer in it and it came out perfectly!)
1 can of diced tomatoes with green chillies
3 tbs of BBQ sauce
3 tbs of Worcestershire sauce
2 tbs of ketchup
1 cup of kidney beans
1 cup of cannellini beans (you can use canned no problem but when you are cooking the chili in a crockpot all day I say use the dried beans that way your beans don't turn into mush.)
1 cup of frozen corn

Toss all your ingredients into your crockpot and let it simmer for 6-8 or 10 hours.



When its done be sure to shred up the chicken inside the chili. Then serve it up with some dinner rolls and you have a complete meal. Give this chili to anyone and trust me you will make a new friend!


Enjoy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails