Friday, November 6, 2009

my favorite pizza of all....

I have finally mastered pizza at home! I'm going to say it I'm quite proud of myself. Because sure you can slather sauce, toss some cheese on it and throw it in an oven but is it really going to taste good?

I have been trying for years to perfect making a pizza at home and I have finally done it! I use my pizza dough recipe from a previous post that you can find here... Delicious Pizza Dough

That dough works best when you cook it for about 5-7 minutes in a 500 degree oven first before you add your ingredients. I struggled for years with wanting to make a healthier pizza and not having the center of the pizza get too soft. I have found that this dough is the closest thing to having pizza out. The crust is soft inside and crispy on the bottom. You can also load the toppings on and the crust is supportive enough to hold on to them. If I researched the proper way to make a pizza I would have probably figured it sooner rather than just recently. I enjoyed my journey to pizza land much better the way I did it though.

So on to my favorite type of pizza to make at home.

I spread the dough out on a baking sheet that is spray with pam and lightly dusted with fine cornmeal.

Then I puree a can of fire roasted tomatoes and use that as my sauce. It is ridiculously good and you should totally give it a shot!


Then I top it with a reduced fat Italian blend of shredded cheese.


Then I add some thinly sliced grilled chicken......


Then I add some marinated artichoke hearts, olives, and a handful or two of feta cheese.


Once your pizza is topped put it back into the 500 degree oven for however long it takes to get all golden brown and bubbly. This pizza is insanely good and there is nothing saying you can have 2 slices and a hearty salad and you have yourself a meal. This is a great meal to make if your looking to have dinner and lunch the next day !!


Enjoy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails