Thursday, March 11, 2010

Why I am a cook...

Struggling to figure out which of my saved posts to work on for today I decided to go a different direction. Over the last week or so I have had several new readers of Top Notch Eats say, "Wow Kaleena I didn't know you were so interested in cooking." I then thought to myself, "Why am I so interested in it." I came down to one conclusion. There are several other reasons don't get me wrong, but one solid reason stood alone when I discovered the true reason. I LOVE LISTS!!!


Now, that may not make sense right away. Think about it for a second. Recipes are lists. The steps and ways you create a dish are essentially lists that you cross off each step as you go. This may seem like a weird conclusion, but it helped me realize there was more to cooking than just creating a dish for me. Lists are so gratifying. I make my grocery list a week ahead of time. I cross it off as I go throughout the grocery store. I make to-do lists at work and I dont think I could live without them. They allow me to be productive and prioritize work.

There are several other reasons to of course....
- I love the colors of cooking i.e. super green kale, hot sauce, bright yellow corn, brilliant red tomatoes...you catch my drift.
- I love knowing what is in my food.
- I love recreating boxed meals/frozen meals to make them healthier.
- I love keeping my family healthy with nutritious foods.
- I love grocery shopping and having more produce in my cart then anything else.
- I love being able to take a few ingredients and making something spectacular.

and much more...

Now that I have fully realized why I am a cook. Why does cooking interest you? Or, why doesn't it? I am seriously interested.

I promise I will be back tomorrow with a new recipe.

Take care friends and cook something tonight !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails