Sunday, March 7, 2010

lentil sausage skillet supper

Adapted from: Pierce Whole Nutrition

This is one of those meals I adore to make. The whole time I was cooking it my husband kept saying, "ewww, is that really what we're having?" Then we sit down with a dish, a salad, and some delicious orange black iced tea and I hear, "wow this is not at all what I expected and it's really great!" Time and time again this happens in our household. The best part about it is that it makes me feel great when it happens. It makes me feel like although things may not look great while they are in process when the time comes and we sit down I have turned that around and created a delicious and nutritious meal. It makes me beam with happiness when I can do this for us.

Start with adding 3 tsp of olive oil in a large pot. Then add in one chopped onion and 4 chicken sausage links that have had the casings removed.


Let that cook up a bit and add in 3 tbs minced garlic, a pinch of red pepper flakes, 2 1/2 cups of water, and 1 1/2 cup of red wine.


Add in one can of fire roasted diced tomatoes.


Then add in one cup of lentils red or green it doesn't matter.


Add some sea salt, pepper, and 1 tbs of crushed sage leaves.



Then stir in 6-8 cups of chopped kale leaves after the lentils have cooked the whole way.


Just looking at this picture makes me happy. I liked it with a little sour cream on top. My husband had a little Parmesan on top. Either way you top it you will love this meal I swear it!!


Enjoy !!!

1 comment:

  1. This looks really good and hearty! I love lentil, sausage, and kale, so I can't imagine not liking this combination! Will definitely try it out.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails