Monday, March 29, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookie Pies

I made these delicious cookies as a surprise for my husband on his birthday this past January. I have been holding on to this post for awhile for some reason. I'm not sure why really. It could be that just until a few moments ago did I organize the pictures so the recipe would make sense. Then as I was looking through my stored posts I figured hey why not now. No time like the present!

These cookies are a richer slightly more dense version of a whoopie pie. Being Maine folks we are quite familiar with the delicious Whoopie Pies Maine is known for. Although these aren't fantastic for you they are certainly an approved version of what they could be.

Start by combining 1 cup of all purpose flour, 1/2 tsp of baking powder, and 1/4 tsp of salt.


Then melt 1 1/3 cups of dark chocolate and 1/2 stick unsalted butter in a small saucepan.


Then in a separate pan combine 2 eggs and 3/4 cup of sugar with 1 tsp of vanilla.



Then stir in the melted dark chocolate. Quickly mix it so that the eggs that are in there don't begin to cook a little.



Then stir in the flour mixture.


Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.


Then spoon small balls of the dough on parchment paper.


Now to the peanut butter frosting. Combine 1/3 cup of butter that is softened with 1 cup of powdered sugar and 4 tbs of natural peanut butter.



Allow your cookies to cool at least ten minutes.


Add in some peanut butter frosting and add a top to your sandwich cookie pie.


These are so good they make me teary....

Enjoy !!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow this looks so delicious. That last picture has got me drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, these look amazing. You forgot to tell us how long to cook them and at what temperature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOh jessica I did forget...let me look it up...bake them at 350 for about 10-12 minutes but keep an eye on them because they cook up quick. If your not sure whether or not they are actually done take a small spatula and try turning one over if they are still really mushy they arent done yet. They are awesome totally give em a try !! !

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails