Tuesday, February 2, 2010

oh boy do I love lefse

I have some wonderful memories attached to lefse (lef-sa). I grew up on this beautiful treat. It is a Swedish flat roll-up bread. It is delicious and so versatile. If you have a chance or see it available give it a try. My favorite way it have it is with a smidge of butter then some strawberry preserves on top of that. Its amazing and even more heavenly for breakfast.

My relatives from Wisconsin find this everywhere out there. They have even shipped it to us because we love it so much. It has been this long-standing tradition that if they visit Rhode Island (my home state) or Maine they must bring lefse and Wisconsin Cheese.

Plus, this glorious bread freezes so well. I love it especially for breakfast on the run. It is heaven in a roll-up and you can't go wrong. If you do come across this in your travels you must give it a try.



Enjoy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails