Saturday, February 20, 2010

at home popcorn

I love making fresh popcorn at home. It is a healthy snack for any time of the day I have found. I got this popcorn making contraption for Christmas one year and haven't stopped using it since. It is great!!

There is a way around this though. My good friend Alton Brown showed me on an episode awhile back. You take a metal bowl add 1/4 cup of corn kernels, 2 tbs of peanut oil, and 1/2 tsp of salt. Add some foil to the top of that and pierce a couple of holes in it. Then add it to your cooktop get your tongs. Grab ahold of the bowl and shake it around until you hear some popping start. Then keep swishing it around until all the corn has popped. Use your tongs to rip open the foil so your don't burn your digits.

This fanciful contraption does the same thing just has a turn wheel so you don't have to mess with foil or tongs. Use the same recipe as I mentioned above. You can use other oils, but peanut seems to have tasted the best in my humble opinion.


Pop it up and add some seasoned salt and you have your self an amazing treat.


I recently picked up some kettle corn seasoning. Its amazing !!




Try this amazing sweet treat tomorrow....

Enjoy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails