Wednesday, February 24, 2010

dd's cranberry orange chicken

My good friend dd gave me this cranberry orange chicken recipe awhile back. When he gave it to me I swore I would eventually make it and rave about it on my blog. Let me tell you folks it is certainly something rave about. It is healthy, vitamin enriched, and one heck of an easy meal to make.

Get your crockpot out and dump the following ingredients in it
1. 1 cup of frozen cranberries
2. 1 chopped onion
3. 1/2 tsp of salt
4. 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
5. 1/4 tsp of ginger
6. 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
7. 1 cup of orange juice
8. 1 orange zested
9. 3 tbs of butter
10. 3 tbs of flour
11. 2 tbs of brown sugar
12. 1/2 of an orange slice into quartered bits


Let that simmer for 8-10 hours on low in the crockpot. Then when you get home from work and put your fuzzy clothes on get some sliced potatoes and steamed broccoli ready.


Plate up your chicken add some baked potatoes and some veg and you have yourself an entire nutritious meal.


Enjoy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails