Friday, October 30, 2009

wine infused pot roast

If your looking for a good late fall early winter meal I think you should try my wine infused pot roast. Its hot, warm, satisfying, and comforting. I rarely make red meat, but occasionally I like to make a good pot roast because as I was stating in previous posts that moderation is best. So red meat although it can be delicious is best in moderation.

So for just my husband and I got a 1.25 lb beef chuck roast. It is the kind of meal you can throw all in one pot like the pot of your crock pot let it sit for hours and hours and it only gets better.
So start with salt and peppering your chuck roast, then sear it in a pan on both sides, then set in your crock pot. Add one onion sliced thinly and 4 smashed garlic cloves.


Then add one can of whole tomatoes.


And one can of beef broth.


Then one whole bottle of Shiraz wine!!


Then add 2 bay leaves and 2 tbs of thyme....



Then serve up with some baked potatoes and carrots some 10-12 hours later....!!!


Enjoy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails