Monday, October 12, 2009

Maine Blueberry Scones

This recipe is what I made for my bridesmaids this summer the morning of my wedding this summer. It is delicious in every way and a perfect way to start the day. I have been making something each week to have before work that is healthy because I can alter whats it in and I can also know exactly whats in it. I also won't be tempted to stop on the way to work and pick up anything horrible for me.

To start you will need to mix 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour, 1/2 cup of cake flour, 3 tbs of sugar, 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder, 3/4 tsp salt

mix them together in a bowl......


Then mix your wet ingredients together in a separate bowl which are 1/2 cup of buttermilk, 1 egg and 1/2 tsp of vanilla and whisk them together.


Then slice 4 ounces of butter into the flour mixture. Then cut the butter into the flour mixture. The best way I have found to do this is with my fingers. Incorporate the butter into the flour until it is broken up into small pieces.


Then add the liquids into the flour mixture until it is a creamy dough.


Then add your blueberries. I have also made several other kinds like orange craisins, chocolate chip and raspberries with white chocolate.

Then spray some cooking spray on a baking sheet then form your scones. Then beat one egg and add a small amount of water and put the egg wash on top of your scones so they will get a golden finish. Before you put your scones in the oven sprinkle some large crystal sugar on top.

Put in a oven at 375 degrees until they are golden brown all over.


Enjoy !!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails