Wednesday, October 14, 2009

From the farm

This past weekend my husband and I had to go to a couple of weddings. At the first one we received some homemade maple syrup from my good friend of almost 10 years Jessi. She is a fantastic person that more and more as time passes I understand more why we have been friends for as long as we have. I wanted to make sure Jessi could see not only how nice and thoughtful this was, but so she could realize that because of this thoughtful gift Jessi and her new husband created a special day for many people that came to their wedding.

My husband took advantage of this kind gift on Columbus Day by making some homemade waffles. We both had Columbus Day off and I wanted to make something special so what better way to do that than making some waffles. We had also received a waffle, grill, and baking pan George foreman for our wedding this past June and I had yet to use the waffle maker. I adapted this recipe from one of my favorite blogs Snippets of Life.


You will need to start by beating one egg white with 1/2 a 1/4 cup of sugar. This doesn't have to be exact so don't worry if you didn't get it exactly 1/2. Whip it until it becomes stiff.


Then beat the yolk until it looks nice and creamy like in the picture below.


Then set aside 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.


Then melt a few tbs of butter in the microwave it will only take 10 seconds if that so keep an eye on it. Beat 1 cup of milk and 1/4 cup of water together. Then add in 1/2 of the flour and beat thoroughly until it is smooth. Then do the same with the other half. Then mix in the melted butter and fold in the egg white mixture.


Be sure to spray your waffle iron with pam so it gets in all the nooks and crannies so you wont have any difficulties when removing your delicious waffles.

For me the timing was a little uncertain of how long they actually had to be in there. I kept a close eye on it until I could see they were browning. They came out wonderfully!



I want to thank a good friend for creating a wonderful memory and day for my husband and I. Their wedding was beyond beautiful and it was fantastic to see two people that are so obviously meant for each other express their love in a beautiful ceremony and reception.

Thank you Jessi and Aaron...and I promise one day we will be closer and will no longer have to be long distance buds....

Enjoy !!!







1 comment:

  1. Kaleena!

    I'm so glad you enjoyed the syrup (and wedding) I love you and I promise, if you move closer, I'll give you a lifetime supply of anything you want ;)

    I'm honored to have a guest spot on topnotcheats!!! I feel like a celebrity!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails