Monday, May 31, 2010

Ground Turkey Lettuce Cups

Stuffed lettuce cups for anyone that has a crunchy savory tooth is where it's at. They are usually served at a popular Asian chain, but can be revamped at home to mom them a little healthier. I am not sure exactly what is in the ones there, but I feel like I made a decent alternative to them that is probably a bit healthier. My husband loved these and told me I should make them again soon. He also had the same reaction when I was cooking that he normally has when he isn't sure what I am making. But when he tries it he is blown away. Try them tonight !!

Start off by cooking up a pound a ground turkey. Cook it through until it is browned all over and chopped up into little bits. Use the back of a wooden spoon to easily break it up.


Then chop up 1 can of water chestnuts. And measure out 1 cup of low sodium hoisin sauce with 4 tbs of low sodium oyster sauce.


Then grab one package of bean sprouts. Rinse them thoroughly and set aside.


Pour in the sauce to the ground turkey mixture. Mix it through then add in the water chestnuts.


Stir in the bean sprouts.



Plate it up with some sugar snap peas and jasmine rice and get ready to have a fantastic dinner.


Chop up some romaine hearts. It is best if you slice it right at the stem. Then in half. So you have the top half and the middle half.

Spoon in some of your mixture and fold it up like a mini spring roll.


Enjoy !!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love lettuce cups/wraps! Never tried it with turkey though--what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails