Friday, May 7, 2010

raspberry white chocolate chip scones

Adapted from: get baked

In my mind, there is nothing more satisfying than a raspberry white chocolate scone when I am looking to eat something not so great. I usually try not to get them out anywhere as they are usually filled with a lot more junk than I would like to put into my body. So when this urge overtakes me to make something not so great I bake raspberry white chocolate chip scones and usually so I don't eat more than one I bring them places.

You start off by combining 2 cups of flour, 1 tsp of baking powder, and 1/4 tsp of salt into one bowl.

In a separate bowl add 1/3 cup of sugar.


Then mix in one egg with the sugar and cream it together until it is creamy and smooth.


Then stir in 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract into the egg/sugar mixture.



Then stir the egg/sugar mixture into the flour mixture. Then melt 6 tbs of unsalted butter and add it into the mixture.


Then add 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips and 1 cup of frozen raspberries and blueberries.


Then lay down some parchment paper and start shaping your scones. Lay down some blobs of dough and form them with your fingertips. You can do this by dipping your fingertips into tap water and smooth out the edges.


Bake them in a 375 degree oven for about 25 minutes or until they are golden brown.



Enjoy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails