Monday, April 12, 2010

Singapore Noodles

Adapted from: Good Mood Food Blog

I cant remember the last time my husband and I had take away. I always love finding new recipes that will allow me to have the same tastes and meals that good take away can have. I love noodle dishes especially for this reason. Now there are so many options for noodles one cant go wrong. This recipe uses brown rice noodles. They are wonderful addition because they get nice and sticky and taste just the way good lo mein or Singapore noodles taste like in a restaurant.

Start off by chopping all your veggies into thin strips { 3 celery sticks, 5 green onions, 3 carrots, and 2 different colored peppers }

Then add in 1 1/2 tbs of curry powder.


Then cook up your brown rice noodles. Be sure to keep an eye on them as they can get very sticky the longer that they cook.


Then cut your steak into strips. Add in 3, 4, 5, or 10 cloves of garlic minced or however many you see fit. Then a thumb sized piece of ginger grated, 1 tbs of oyster sauce, 2 tbs of of soy sauce, and 1 tbs of sesame oil. Stir it all together until the meat is completely cooked through.



Then add in your veggies and cook them a bit. I didn't take long with this process as I like my veggies to be warmed, but still have a little crispiness. Then add your cooked noodles on top and mix the entire thing together. And I almost forgot the best part!!!! Add in a whole can of rinse bean sprouts. They add a wonderful crispy note to the meal!!!


Grab a plate and dish it up. Top with some sliced green onions and you have yourself a complete take away style meal that is 150 million times healthier for you.


Enjoy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails