Saturday, April 24, 2010

Banana Flats

One of my most favorite places in the whole wide world Trader Joes also has one of my most favorite snacks in the whole wide world. Banana flats!!! They are delicious, chewy, and everything I enjoy about a healthful snack. Being that I live in an area that Trader Joes is not I tried to figure out a way to make them on my own.


I started out by grabbing two perfectly ripe banana's.


Peel them and remove any of the stringy bits that are sometimes left on a banana.


Then slice them very thin and lay them on a non-stick sheet then place on a baking sheet or you can use parchment paper.



Bake them in 200 degree oven until they end up looking like this. It took me about 1 1/2 hours before they were dehydrated.


I think next time I am going to try using a rolling pin to roll them out flat and see how they turn out then.

Enjoy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails