Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mexican Chicken Skillet

Adapted from: Creative Kristi

In search of cheap a** meals I went searching around on several blogs that I visit regularly. I found this delicious recipe for Mexican Chicken Skillet on one of my favorites Creative Kristi. Kristi most of the time blogs about great craft projects and projects that her family and her undertake throughout their gorgeous house. She has recently taken on her own rendition of the topsy turvy tomato planter you are seeing all over the place now. Check it out here!!!

This recipe I think only ends up being about $8.00 or so for about 4-5 servings. It is perfect especially for just my husband and I as we both had lunch the next day from it as well.

Start off by cooking 1 onion chopped and 2 chicken breasts that have been chopped together in a large stock pot.


Then throw in 1 cup of salsa and some hot sauce if you like once the chicken has cooked up.


Then add in 1 can of black beans that have been rinsed and 1 cup of frozen corn.


Then add in 2 cups of cooked rice and mix through.


Mix it thoroughly and add a little more salsa if it looks like it isn't saucy enough.



Then grab some tortillas, spicy cheese, and sour cream. Top with some green onions and you will certainly be a happy camper.



Enjoy !!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kaleena! I'm not sure if that link to my tomato planter will work since it's from my personal facebook page so here's a link to the picture in my photobucket account:
    http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee112/Kilikikd/Blog%20pictures/tomato-planter.jpg
    Thanks for the mention & I'm glad you like my version of the planter haha!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails