Saturday, April 3, 2010

edamame hummus

About a year or so ago my husband decided he was done having salt filled processed meat sandwiches for lunch at work. When he came to this conclusion/decision that it was no longer the best thing for his body I cant tell you how unbelievably happy it made me. Not only was my husband taking a step in the right direction in terms of his overall health, but it was going to give me an opportunity to test out several new healthier spreads, dips, and hummus that he could use in place of sodium filled processed deli meats.

So, in walks Edamame Hummus. Edamame or Edaaaaa-mameeeee as my husband likes to call it is insanely nutritious and delicious. It is beyond simple too which is one of the main reasons why I love it so much. As long as you have a food processor or heavy duty blender you will be all set.

Edamame Hummus

Place the following ingredients into a food processor
- 1 pack of frozen edadmame, thawed
- 2 tbs of tahini
- 2 tbs of minced garlic
- 2 tbs of dried cilantro
- a couple of shakes of cayenne pepper
- 2 tbs of water
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil

Place all your ingredients in except the olive oil. Once all the other ingredients are relatively combined click your on switch on and start drizzling in the olive oil until the hummus is incredibly smooth.





Enjoy !!!

1 comment:

  1. omg you think of everything. I can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails