Tuesday, December 29, 2009

shrimp veg polenta

I have been out of town for about a week and I apologize for not posting. I tried to leave my laptop at home to avoid constantly being on it and spending more time with my family. It worked and now I am back in action !!!

My new love for polenta has gone through the roof. It is beyond satisfying and pretty much fits with anything. This simple recipe for shrimp veg polenta is easy and nutritious and I can pretty much say that you will enjoy it anytime of the week. Plus it is fast to put together I think it took me about 20 minutes. It is an excellent nutritious choice for a mid-week meal after work one day.

Start by roasting your vegetables. What I used was pretty much anything I had left in the fridge. I added a green pepper, red pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, red onion, and a few carrots.

Chop your veggies and spread them over a baking sheet. Drizzle with a little olive oil some salt and pepper then roast them at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes until they get golden brown all over.

To make the delicious cheesy polenta you will need the following ingredients
1 1/4 cup water
4 cups of polenta or cornmeal
1 tsp of salt
2 tbs of butter
3 oz of fontina
3 oz of Parmesan

Boil your water then whisk in the polenta so you wont get any bumps. Once it is thoroughly incorporated add in the other ingredients until they are all melted and mix through.

Then take 10-15 cooked thawed shrimp and add them on top or mix through to warm them up.



This is a wonderfully rich and filling meal. Take the shrimp out and it is a completely vegetarian meal. Enjoy this healthy, light, and filling meal sometime in the coming week and I assure you it will feel great especially after all the rich food we have all indulged in over the holidays.

Enjoy !!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Vincent ! I love the site... I have added my site to petitchef and the widget to my blog. Take care and Happy New Year !!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails