Tuesday, December 8, 2009

gnocchi, mushrooms, and corn with sage brown butter sauce

Adapted from Pantry Raid

I would like to say that I only made this a week ago and my husband has told me I should make it again already. He said it about 3 times in the last week that it was good. That being said I think you should make this soon and impressed your loved ones stat!!!

It is insanely easy and has some pretty good nutritional value.. It is richly satisfying without a lot of effort.

Your ingredients list my friends:

1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs - Panko
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
7 tbs of the lightest calorie free butter you can find (or fake butter)
3/4 pound of baby
portabellas - basically one pack of them
1 tbs thyme
1 tbs sliced sage leaves
1 bag of frozen corn
2/3 cup diced shallots
1 pack of gnocchi
1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

I also added some ground chicken sausage to the meal. You obviously do not have to that, but I have a new found interest for chicken sausage, you can put it in damn near everything so that is exactly what I did.


You should start off by toasting your panko bread crumbs at 375 degrees with 2 tbs of olive oil until they are nice and toasty brown.


Then saute your mushrooms in the rest of the evoo until they become soft and a little fragrant. Remove from the pan until later.


Then boil your dried gnocchi. It is so easy you no longer have to be scared like I was. IT FLOATS TO THE TOP JUST LIKE RAVIOLI !!! I did not know this when I started as it was the first time I had made it. Boil it up and then drain and set aside.


Then place your butter (or fake non butter like I used) in a saute pan. Add the shallots and sliced up sage and let it sizzle for a little while. Then add the frozen corn on top of it. Mix through until it is heated and cooked through.


Then throw your mushrooms and gnocchi back into the mix.


Mix it thoroughly and then top with your bread crumbs and some fresh parsley.


Enjoy !!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kaleena! Thanks for sending me your blog - I love food blogs and am always trying to become a better cook. Your recipes look delicious! Especially this gnocchi - my husband Ed loves gnocchi and I've never tried making it before! Great to meet you and I'll definitely check in with Top Notch Eats daily!

    Ann Pierce
    piercewholenutrition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann!! as I will check in to yours daily as well. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails