Thursday, December 17, 2009

mom's immunity soup

Every day after Thanksgiving my mom makes the most incredible soup from the leftovers. I don't know how she does it. I wont ever pretend to know how. Now after several failed attempts I am going to leave it alone. Then one day when I have children of my own I can hopefully have some sort of creation like this that I make each year. It is incredible and I am sure it will and can cure most diseases. It is slightly different each year, but nevertheless incredible. I apologize for this short post, but I have been waiting for an excuse to post it. My mom is great. She is an excellent cook and makes a damn good immunity soup.

I love soups, stews, and anything in between. Sometimes creating a soup or stew from leftovers can be one of the most nutritious meals you may have all week. It seems like it it is all about balance. Knowing how much of this and how much of that to put in. My mom has it down pat. Maybe after my 15th or 20th Thanksgiving meal I have created for my family I will have it down pat too.

Here is a list of mom's magic soup
turnip
parsnip
celery
a touch of magic
escarole
carrots
red pepper
onions
shallots
cancer curing stuff
garlic
green beans
turkey stock - after boiling the carcass for what seems like 15 hours....
dark turkey meat
mom's special touch
orzo pasta
and much more...




Its not around Thanksgiving that I realize how much things like this mean to me. It's when I am shivering in the dead of winter. It was 1 degree out today people!!! My legs were beat red and numb for 2 hours after I got home from work today. When it is this cold it gets me excited to see my family again so soon at Christmas and welcome in the New Year !!


Enjoy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails