Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Trader Joe's knock off corn and black bean salsa

This recipe is adapted from The Pioneer Woman's Corn and Avocado Salsa


This fresh salsa is to die for.  It is a perfect addition to taco salad night in my house.  Plus it is so easy to make and comes a close second to the infamous trader joe's black bean and corn salsa.


Really, this is the ideal addition to any end of summer meal.   


I adapted it a little from the recipe idea I took it from mainly because I wanted to add beans to it.  
It is so simple are you ready???


A whole bag of frozen, but defrosted corn. 





















Then you chop up one avocado 2 if your me.  I can't handle just 1 avocado 2 are a must !!! Next, you must chop up 1 large ripe tomato and 1 red onion. 


Then drain and rinse 1 can of black beans and add it to the mix. 





















Then add 1-2 large limes, juiced plus a huge bunch of cilantro chopped.  Finally, add in 1 tsp of salt, 1 tbs of sugar, and salt to taste. 





















Enjoy !!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails