Wednesday, September 22, 2010

quick pasta creation

This delicious creamy Alfredo looking meal is a farce for sure.  I really wanted a cheesy creamy Alfredo with chicken and broccoli one night, but what I didn't want was the fat and calories that come with Alfredo.  So onward I went to the kitchen to see what I had for options.  

I found broccoli, chicken, sour cream, Greek yogurt, fresh parsley, Parmesan, a can of chicken broth, and some fat-free evaporated milk.  

Bottomline, I took a medium sauce pan and feeled it out.  I put a little of this and a little of that and tested it along the way.   I also used my immersion hand blender to ensure that the sauce became a frothy thick sauce.   It was worth it for sure.  

Check it out!!! It came out wonderfully.  The lesson of this story is to not be scared from cooking.  That is the best part of cooking.  Testing and trying until you have perfected what you are looking for.  

I added the cooked pasta, steamed broccoli, grilled chicken, some chopped onion, and love...


add some more parm on top and enjoy !!! 



Enjoy !!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails