Saturday, August 21, 2010

what 4 people can do in 4 days

Back in July my brother, husband, good friend Kat, and I ascending on Montreal.  The trip was planned to see Tim Minchin  


Tim Minchin is one of the most talented entertainers I have seen or have had the pleasure of being in the presence of.  He is a talented musician from Australia that is highly intelligent and utterly amazing. 

So when we realized he was going to be in Montreal and that we were only about 4-5 hours from being there we new we had to get tickets.  Tim Minchin was schedule to be at the Just for Laughs festival and I don't even think we thought for more than just a second about booking tickets. 



The show was unbelievably.  He is so talented.  I can't say enough to justify how amazing it was.

We even were able to meet him afterwards it can't get any better than that !!



Part of the reason why I wanted to post about this weekend was our sushi experience and some of the other weird food finds we were able to see.  These were some delicious cheese bits we found at a local IGA.  That was one of the best things we did while in Montreal to save money.  We went several times to local IGA's to shop for lunches in ended up saving us a lot of money.


The next best thing we did was go to one of the best sushi restaurants I had ever been too.  It was the type of sushi restaurant that has the belt loop going around the restaurant and whatever you wanted to choose from it you take then pay accordingly.  It is the best thing to do if you want to try several things and never had the guts too.  

I saw a fruit sushi pizza on the menu and I totally wanted to try it.  It wasn't horrible it wasn't great, but I was happy that I tried it. 



The sushi belt was amazing.  It was great we saw something roll by that we wanted and we just took and tried it.  



The veggie rolls were the best !!! 


Next on our stop was the alternative comedy show at midnight.  It was suppose to start at midnight, but didn't until about 1 in the morning so we ended up getting home at 3:30am but it was amazing.



We saw greats like Kyle Kinane



Todd Barry !! 



Noel Fielding 



Mr. Paul F. Thompkins 



That's my tired husband with Kenny from Kenny vs. Spenny !!


  
We had about a 4-5 hour trip on our way back to Maine when we left Montreal.  When we had exited Canada we ended up coming across this massive lake outside of Eustis, Maine.  We couldn't resist stopping to take a swim. It was like we were in a movie from the 50s it was fantastic.  



As you can see we were pretty happy as Kat took a picture of us in the lake. 



I have nothing but love for this trip.  Almost a month later all I want to do is recreate and go back.  I don't think its possible.  This trip will always be such a clear memory for me.  It was the most amazing trip I have had with 4 people in a short 4 days.  



Enjoy every moment !!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails