Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Breakfast protein muffins !

Adapted from: Annie's Eats 

My all time favorite breakfast is multi-grain toast with peanut butter and banana on it.  So when I came across this recipe I knew I had to try it. 

I wish I could have one of these muffins for breakfast each day and there was an endless supply of them in my freezer.   I think I should get on it and get baking.  I need to bake 30 or so of them at a time and then I would always have one if I wanted it for breakfast.  It is an all encompassing muffin that has everything you need.  Protein, dairy, fruit, and pure goodness for a breakfast on the go.  It's utterly perfect !!

You begin by incorporating the following items into a bowl.
  • 1½ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup old-fashioned oats
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • ½ tsp. baking soda
  • ½ tsp. salt





Then you must combine your wet ingredients into a separate bowl.
  • 2tbsp. applesauce
  • ¾ cup light brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup mashed banana (about 3 bananas)
  • 6 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cup low-fat buttermilk


Then mix your dry ingredients with your wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. Then set your oven for 350 degrees and prepare your muffin cups.  This muffin mixture will make about 18  muffins.

Then spoon your mixed up batter into the muffin pan and get ready to pop those bad boys in the oven !!!

Bake them for about 18-20 minutes and you will have yourself one of the most healthy and delicious breakfasts that is not only filling, but you can honestly feel good about eating it.

When you take them out of the oven they will look something like this below.

Then to complete your amazing breakfast frost that muffin with about 1 tbs of peanut butter and top it with some fresh banana or any kind of fresh fruit you have and holy bananas you have yourself one amazing breakfast !!!


Enjoy !!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is one great looking muffin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 eggs and a bit of PB divided between 18 muffins does not make a high protein breakfast. This is nearly all carbohydrates.

    Looks good, though!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails