Saturday, August 7, 2010

Im Back !!!

Quick and Easy Cheesy Leftover Pasta 

So as I have been in the process of moving all the meals leading up to the big move day were thrown together bits of wonder.  This is one such meal where I looked around my apartment full of boxes and said what can I do with what I have to that I can use up whatever I have instead of running out to the store for more stuff.  

So i took a peek around and came up with following items 

swirly pasta 
1/4 cup of cream 
1/4 milk 
3 tbs of flour
onion, minced 
tomato powder (I'll explain more later)
Parmesan cheese
sour cream 
salt and pepper
fresh basil 
chicken sausage 

Then combine the following ingredients into a saucepan.

1/4 cup of cream 
1/4 milk 
3 tbs of flour
1 onion, minced 
tomato powder - 2-3 tbs  *** tomato powder is dried tomatoes ground into a fine beautifully red powder.  It is nutritionally balanced and is an easy way to add balanced fresh tomato flavor into your food.
Parmesan cheese - 1/2 cup 
sour cream - 2 tbs 
salt and pepper

Once everything has melted and combined nicely use a whisk or immersion blender to totally incorporate the ingredients.  Add salt and pepper to taste and warm thoroughly so it will coat your cooked pasta nicely.   











Enjoy !!! 

6 comments:

  1. Yummy! I was going to make the same thing tonight because I already have everything I need for vegan mac'n'cheese and would have to go to the store otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So easy, and satisfying, the only little changes I made was to use fresh salmon and penne pasta as these were what I had on hand. Anyways, thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe is SO GOOD! I have to say it sounded gross at first (cheese & salmon, really?!), but coupled with the pesto sauce and noodles...mmmmm. Well worth making.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ven with leftover grilled salmon this dish was very dry and not really flavorful. I doubled the pesto, too! maybe a cream sauce base would be bette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good as is. However, I can see using this as start of something wonderful by adding a little of this and a little of that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this recipe! I used green peppers instead of green onions and extra pesto. Easy and delicious dish for empty nests.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails