Friday, August 13, 2010

Insane Tequilia Lime Chicken

Adapted from: The Pioneer Woman 

This tequila lime chicken is unreal.  It's fabulous and I really want to make it again this week.  I am deeply in love with this whole meal and it was certainly a hit with my husband as well.  It's so good I am not going to waste any time talking it up and I am going to just get to it, because you need to make this tonight !! 

Begin by combining the following ingredients into your food processor this will make up your marinade that you must marinate overnight.  
  • 3 whole limes, juiced
  • 5 cloves of garlic, whole
  • 1 tsp of salt 
  • 1 whole jalapeno
  • 1/2 cup of cilantro 
  • 1/2 cup of tequila 


The next day, after marinating your chicken overnight, combine the following items in your rice cooker or saucepan to make some delicious spanish rice.
  • rice about 1/2 cup 
  • 1 can of fire roasted canned tomatoes 
  • 4 tbs of garlic, minced 
  • 1 onion, minced 
  • 3 bayleaves, take them out when you serve it up
  • 1 tsp of cumin, more to taste 



This recipe was originally for the grill, but being that I am an apartment dweller I figured broiling it in the oven would turn out just fine.  So I set my oven to 500 degrees and cooked it about 9 minutes on each side until the juices ran clear.



Then I made up some quick refried beans.  They were not technically how I think they are made, but they were delicious.  All I did was heat them up in a saucepan, add in about 1 cup of pico de gallo or some more fresh salsa, then puree them a little with a hand blender.  They were amazing and such a good side to this meal.



The original recipe I found also said to melt montrary jack cheese on top of the grilled chicken once it was cooked.  I thought this was going to be a little excessive, but it was unreal !!! 





So here it is, beautiful Tequila Lime Chicken, some Spanish Rice, some fake Refried Beans, and an Avocado and Tomato salad on the side.  It was heavenly and amazing !! 




There was also so much that was made with this delicious meal that we both had leftovers for lunch the next day and it was even better the next day for sure !! 




















Enjoy !!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails