Tuesday, November 16, 2010

lemon thyme chicken

I love Maine.  There is nothing else to say.  Maine has so much to offer that sometimes people neglect to think of.  I also unfortunately just left Maine to be closer to my family.  When I was leaving I received this cookbook Dishing Up Maine by Brooke Dojny and I love it.  One of the recipes in it for Lemon Thyme Chicken is out of this world.  It has quickly become a staple for my husband and I.


After just visiting Maine this past weekend, I decided to crack into the Dishing Up Maine cookbook and give the lemon thyme chicken a go again. 

You start by adding 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour and 6 thyme sprigs broken up into a pie plate to get it prepared for breading the chicken.



Then bread your chicken with the flour mixture like you see below. 


Then melt 2 tbs of butter and 2 tbs of olive oil in a fry pan.
Then cook each chicken tender thoroughly in the olive oil and butter until it they are golden brown all over. 


Then with in the same fry pan that you chicken cooked in add the juice of 2 lemons, 2 tbs of butter, and 1 cup of chicken stock.  Then add in 6 sprigs of fresh thyme.  This will create a lovely lemon thyme sauce that you can add to the top of your chicken and rice.  



Add some fresh green beans, a few chicken tenders, and some brown rice with the lemon sauce on top.  


Enjoy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails