Saturday, November 13, 2010

fresh pasta and a gluten free pasta sell

Adapted from: Pampered Chef Cookbook 

Recently, I have a new found addiction for gluten free pasta.  I do not have a gluten-free intolerance.  I just don't enjoy the gluten that comes along with a carb filled coma after you eat pasta.  I can't even eat normal white pasta anymore.  It sounds pretentious, but I assure you it's not.  Gluten-free pasta gives you all the glory of real pasta without feeling like you ate a brick.  That alone is the one reason I LOVE IT !!! My husband and I usually only eat pasta maybe once a week and now it's even better.  

One of my favorite dishes lately is something I like to call fresh pasta !! 

In a saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons of butter and 3 tbs of olive oil.  Then toss in 1 large onion chopped and cook through until it's translucent.  

Then add 7 tbs of minced garlic, 1 cup of chicken broth, 1 cup of white wine, and 1 package of grape tomatoes cut in half.  Let it simmer until your pasta is ready.  

Once your pasta is cooked thoroughly, drain it and add it back to the pot.  Then pour in your sauce on top of the cooked pasta.  Add in one package of fresh mozzarella pearls and 1 cup of fresh basil chopped up.  


Now, serve some up onto a plate.  Top it with some Parmesan and you have yourself some 
Top Notch Eats !! 



Enjoy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails