Thursday, October 7, 2010

salad with dinner every night

My husband and I have an expensive but healthful habit.  We have salad every night with dinner.  It ends up making us eat less than we use to.  Plus, it adds a ton of fiber and vegetables that we may not have had with our dinner.  


I make it ahead of time.  Place a dry paper towel in the bowl to soak up any extra moisture and help the salad last longer.   



Then I flip it over so that all the extra moisture can really get out of the salad and it is ready for us to enjoy every night with dinner.  Excuse the extra supply of shipyard pumpkinhead from Maine that we have stocked away for winter. 



We have been doing this for a good 3 years.  I know that it has definitely helped us have a higher fiber diet without really trying.  Check it out we can have this all year long, every season, and every night of the week.  



Like I said it is an amazing habit to have, but it is certainly an expensive habit.  

Enjoy !!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails