Saturday, June 26, 2010

Perfect Fried Egg Sandwich

A fried egg sandwich can be a thing of beauty and not a cardiac arrest waiting to happen like some of the fast food egg sandwiches are.  I have always loved them, but can't handle the grease and other bad additives that are sometimes in the fast food options.  While I was recently on vacation our good friend made a fried egg sandwich one of the mornings for breakfast.  I was thoroughly impressed with the technique as I have never tried making one at home and knew I had to post about it.  I asked him at the time how it made it so perfect and he replied, "I don't know it just happened."  
He took a large frypan and turned the heat to medium high.  Then sprayed a good coating of non-stick spray in the area he was going to break the egg in.  He then broke the egg on the side of the pan and let it drip into the pan.  Then as the whites of the eggs started to solidify he began to fold over the sides so that  it would form a reasonably perfect circle to wonderfully sit on top of a toasted English muffin.

He then flipped it over perfectly and had the yolk break a little then let the whole egg cook through

He topped it with a slice of cheddar cheese and let the melting commence.  It look so delicious!  He said it was pretty amazing.  I unfortunately could not convince him to make them rest of us one, but seemed to enjoy it and had a deliciously nutritious breakfast. 


Enjoy !!!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails