Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Food on Vacation

One of my most favorite places in the whole wide world is Chincoteague Island. My family has been vacationing there for years. There is a beach house in that area that an extended family now owns, but still lets us rent it out on occasion. I love this place. I feel safe, happy, and completely relaxed when I am there.

I love cooking in this kitchen as it is a place where several women in my family have cooked delicious meals for our families to enjoy.

I wanted to post about what we ate during our vacation because it was healthy. It is just proof that you do not need to eat like crap while you are on vacation just because you can.


That's my husband and one of our good friends down at the beach.


Wonderfully delicious fruit salad.


The freshest seafood. It was the first time I had ever tried flounder and it was delicious.


Broiled white and green asparagus !


Whole wheat pita pizzas. Pita's by the way are one of the best vessels to cook a pizza on. They naturally curl up a little when cooked and it keeps all of the topping secure and in place.


I had to show off these crab cakes mainly because they are the best crab cakes I have ever had.


Salad, corn on the cob, 93 % lean ground turkey burgers !!


Any finishing out the week with some delicious french toast made by a very special friend.


I promise I will be back with a recipe tomorrow for sure !!

Enjoy !!!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. VA contains lots of tourism destinations. One of my friends visited Shenandoah Valley in VA and I saw all images which are so much attractive. Right now you suggest another best place of VA. Chincoteague Island looks like a decent place to enjoy the vacation with family or friend.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails