Thursday, June 21, 2012

Over the last year a lot has happened.  I have moved from Maine back to Rhode Island and through that and many more transitions it has been difficult to update and process new posts under this outlet.  I have realized during the last year how much I do miss doing it.  I also miss being able to direct family and friends to recipes on my blog when they ask about a lunch or dinner I am obsessively raving about.  So I am going to try, try, and try again to make the time and process new posts over time.  But over the last year I have made lots of strides especially in new cooking endeavors. 

I learned how to make sushi somewhat properly. 



My husband and I traveled to London for 2 1/2 weeks.  We have both always wanted to go and we made it work.  I have always loved that about traveling.  There are so many ways to save on travel.  It really just doesn't need to be as expensive as people make it out to be. We rented an apartment and bought groceries to cook at home.  That alone saved a tremendous amount of money for us.  The digs weren't anything spectacular, but they suited us just fine. 



We also got to enjoy some delicious treats at the world famous Harrods !


For it being our first time that either of us had traveled to Europe we had pretty wild experience and won't forget a moment of it.  



We capped off our trip with a delicious bench picnic in Hyde Park.  It was an amazing way to have a final send off in the bright slightly cloudy daylight hours of central London.


I wanted desperately to buy french macaroons at Harrods for our bench picnic.  Little did I know that I would be spending  15 British pounds on them which is about a little under $30.00.  It was a splurge for sure, but looking back on it I don't regret it for a single second.  With flavors like dark chocolate cherry and pistachio salted caramel how can you say no?


It was a one in a million trip for us that I am happy to share a little snippet of it for you all. 


 The other somewhat major event was that my brother had a baby (well my sister in law actually did the baby having) but nevertheless I now how a beautiful wonderful nephew.  I am finally an auntie! 





As you can see I am pretty proud of it !!! 

Today is also our wedding anniversary.  We have officially been married three solid years.  And as my husband said today via facebook, "I have been married to my wife for three years today.  That's 1,095 days of sharing laughter, laughter that I get paid for....she is going to owe me so much money."  Anyone that knows what Ray does for a living will completely understand this statement and how important and beautiful it is to me.  see....Ray Harrington Comedy 


So even though a year has passed I am going to get working on some new recipes, tutorials, and general daily, weekly, and monthly news as we move through life in a productive and caring manner. 


Best

1 comment:

  1. Holy Crap! An update and of Kaleena stuff too!!! not just food!!! (although I do love drooling over the food)

    I am happier than a pig right now. :) YAY!

    Keep it up (even if it's just once in a while!)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails