Monday, January 24, 2011

Curried Chicken Salad

Adapted from: Alisa Burke 

I got this recipe from one of my most favorite craft/life blogs.  I adore Alisa Burke's work.  She is unbelievably talented.  Occasionally, she posts recipes that her and her husband have enjoyed and this has been one of my favorites for sure.  I love making this when it is absolutely frigid because it slowly reminds me that spring is around the corner. 

Start with 3 cups of shredded cooked cooled chicken.  Add in 1/2 cup of light mayo and 3/4 cup of plain low fat Greek yogurt. 



















Stir in 2 stalks of celery diced, 1/2 cup of craisins, stir in 3 tsp of curry powder, and 1 tsp of cumin.  I also like adding a squeeze of lime into it.



















Serve it up on a whole wheat bun and enjoy!! It is such a healthful alternative to chicken salad and you can't go wrong with it.  I most recently made it for my parents and my husband and they all loved it.

2 comments:

  1. For the twins birthday party I made vegan chicken salad and curried "egg" tofu salad! I was going to post them soon! I will have to try my chicken salad with curry next time! Thanks for the Idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum i love throwing curry into just about everything....its so delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails